As a member of Abergavenny RC you are an ambassador for our club at all times. Our reputation is important to us.
You are expected to:
• Arrive for training and competition in good time to prepare properly
• Wear suitable kit (including a helmet) and clothing for all cycling activities.
• Maintain your equipment in a good and safe working condition.
• Warm up and cool down properly on all occasions
• Respect officials and all their decisions
• Applaud all good performances, by Abergavenny RC riders or your opposition
• Control your temper. Verbal or written abuse of coaches, officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting/provoking an opponent is not acceptable.
• Use correct and proper language at all times. This also applies to the use of social media and the internet
• Treat all participants in cycling as you like to be treated – not bullying or taking unfair advantage of another participant
• Work equally hard for yourself and your club.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
• Cooperate with your coach, club-mates and opponents, as without them there would be no competition
• Thank officials and opponents after competitions and coaches after training.